Thursday, May 28, 2009

sticky & Sweet sneak peak 3


My process:

this is how I start. I paint the background first, then work up.

sometimes I take a photo, then do a (extremely) rough color study in photoshop

some images for reference, and yummy inspiration!!

and about 3 weeks later
"The Girl with the most cake"
24x30


on June 8th I'll be turning 30.

so painting this I keet thinking about how Im really excited to be turning 30.

finally Im really feeling comfortable in my own skin, things are great right now, and seem to be getting better.

one of the last times I seen my Grandma, was at my sisters house warming party. They had a cake with blue flowers. My Grandma stayed by the cake, making sure she was first to get a piece, and she wanted a piece with a flower. The rest of the day her lips were blue. She was so cute

No comments: