Monday, August 31, 2009

By Guess and By God

There is no place like Detroit.
And there is nothing like a Detroiter.
You learn to survive, and how to deal with the troubles of life a little to early.
The city has been on a downslide for years and years.
And even though I have a love/hate relationship with the city ( Its like that brother or sister that you love, but just want them to get their shit together) I always have the spirit of the city with me.

And as I see it, so do all Detroiters, and they will go down with the ship.

The title I gave this piece is a nautical term, "By Guess and By God" a method of navigation whereby the skipper relies on experience, intuitiveness, memory and implicit faith.

we will see what happens next.

2 comments:

Eve Noir said...

I liked this post. I know what you mean when you describe Detroit. Always thought I wanted to get away...but is it really that bad? Probably not...and it's my home.

I love By Guess and By God. Glad you explained the term. It makes a lot of sense!

Take care~EVE

Audrey Pongracz said...

Thanks Eve! :)

I do think its that bad, but nobody cares. Detroit isnt going to turn around and become Chicago.
It is what it is, and weve gone through it all, why ditch it now?

did you grow up in Detroit too?