Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Taxidermist daughter

I meant to write about the piece in my last post. But I was very tired and out of it.

Taxidermy is a strange thing.
Here is this thing, that once was alive, moved, ate, slept, lived..and is now dead and forever posed for viewing pleasure. I have nothing against it, but it is a little odd to me.

Then there are the ones who stuff their loved pets, which I really find strange. Kinda like the prince in Snow White who wanted her in a glass coffin so he can look at her forever. Not normal.

The Taxidermists daughter, is not dead. She is encased in a time of innocence and youth, that is now gone. And she will eventually suffocate in the world she has outgrown.

I find myself always wanting to shut the reality of the world out. I want to forget that evil exists, and surround myself in a plush safe colorful world. Living this way is dangerous, you become blind and foolish to what lurks in the dark. And once that safe world crumbles its hard to recover.

No comments: