Thursday, March 24, 2011

girl, you'll be a woman soon

So I meant to take a photo of the piece in its frame, and kept putting it off, and right after I packaged it up I realized I never did it. figures. anyway heres my piece. 

"I can keep a secret if you can"
16x20 - oil on canvas



I was pretty tempted to name this piece "Three tomatoes are walking down the street...."

 Kill Bill is my favorite Quentin movie, and I was considering doing a Elle Driver or Go-go piece. But I'll never forget watching Pulp Fiction for the first time, I think I was like 16 or 17 and just thought it was the best thing ever. And the whole scene with Mia and Vincent was my favorite part. So I just had to do it. 

if your on facebook Spokeart has a ton of sneak peaks and info about the show here.

Show opens April 7th @ Bold Hype Gallery, New York

2 comments:

Sterlingjennidavis said...

That is hilarious!! Everything you wrote is exactly how I remember it..seeing the movie at 16ish and remember the mia vincent scene. I played it over and over in my head. I just love Quentin. I LOVE this painting.. Thank you for inspiring me tonight. :)

Audrey Pongracz said...

hi Sterlingjennidavis ( sorry Im late on the reply :( )
Thank you for the compliment!
oh those formative years! good stuff ;)