Thursday, July 7, 2011

Last Sneak Peak!

1 more before the opening on Saturday.

"My Poor Baby"
16x20 - oil on canvas


this one came about as an accident really. I was sketching up a face, and I didnt like it so I started to black out the eyes. The face had a doll like look to it, so 1-2-3 this happened. And its one of my favorite pieces for the show.

In my previous post I talked about my love for dolls. Well I had 1 favorite doll. well it was actually a monster. Anyway I loved that thing so much, I called it my baby and took it everywhere with me.
I was always leaving it places. It would get taken by boys and thrown around. Someone once stole it and I found it in a pile of dirt on my street. It even fell in the toilet. So It got washed a ton, and eventually its eyes were washed off. So my baby had no eyes, and I would draw them on. 
I had no conscious thought about this, until after  the painting was finished. But I thought the connection was interesting.  

1 comment:

Eve Noir said...

Isn't it funny how those accidents happen? She came out great. Excited to see her (as well as the rest of the paintings) tomorrow night!